DAY 01: DELHI – AGRA
Our tour executive will pick you up from location of your choice in Gurgaon or Delhi, for the drive to Agra. And he will explain the travel plan in detail and hand over the essential documents to you such as your itinerary.
The journey would take approximately three & half hours; hence morning (7:30 am) start is recommended.
Arrive at Agra freshen up before you begin your tour.
Two great Mughal monarchs, Akbar and Shah Jahan, had transformed the little village of Agra into a befitting second capital of the Mughal Empire.
In Agra, you will be caught up in a world of contrasting edifices, of red sandstone and white marble, narrow galleys and quaint buggies, as well as the city’s irresistible charm.
Unsurprisingly, modern Agra has held onto its Mughal heritage so that the modern city is blended with old and beautiful monuments.
Start your visit to the red sandstone Agra Fort, built by the Mughal dynasty's greatest Emperor, Akbar, in 1565. A number of the fort’s beautiful palaces, mosques and gardens were built by his successors in later years.
A few of the priceless examples of artisanship from the Mughal era include the exquisite Moti Masjid or Pearl Mosque, the Diwan-i-Khas, the Diwan-i-Am, the Jahangir Mahal and the Shish Mahal.
Later on – visit the magnificent Taj Mahal, a pristine white marble mausoleum built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife – Mumtaz Mahal. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, it took 20,000 workers from neighboring Islamic countries, 22 years of ceaseless toil to create this exquisite white marble monument upon which peopled have waxed eloquent throughout the world. Experience a splendid sunset viewing of the Taj Mahal and the return to your hotel.
Note: The Taj Mahal remains closed on Friday.
Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 02: AGRA – DELHI – ONWARD DESTINATION
Early morning – visit Mehtab Bagh (Mughal Garden) to view the Taj Mahal while the sun rise upon its massive bronze domes. This 500-year-old garden is located across from the Taj Mahal on the other side of the Yamuna River.
Later on - visit the Itmad-Ud-Daulah’s tomb, a beautiful mausoleum built by the Mughal Emperor Jehangir’s queen in 1628 as a memorial to her father. Many historians revere the mausoleum as the inspiration of the Taj Mahal, yet it still has an original beauty. It houses significant ‘Pietra Dura’ inlays, marble screens within a walled garden, and a view of the Yamuna River.
Return to your hotel and freshen up after your visit.
After breakfast – check out of the hotel and drive back to Delhi.
Arrive at Delhi and the driver will drop you at Delhi airport or location of your choice in Delhi.
Our services end at Delhi.
- 01 nights stay at the hotel.
- Hotel accommodation on double occupancy basis.
- All transfers and sightseeing by your personal A/C vehicle.
- Check-in time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 noon for most of the hotels (but we can usually arrange earlier check-in).
- Breakfast at all the hotels.
- One horse-carriage ride to the Taj Mahal from the nearest parking point.
- All transfers & sightseeing by personal a/c vehicle.
- Services of an English speaking guide as per the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments as per the itinerary.
- Bottled mineral water for sightseeing/excursions and long drives.
- 24/7 on-tour assistance throughout the journey
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Any accommodation in Delhi.
- Any personal expenses such as tips, laundry and drinks.
- Any extra meals (other than those specifically laid down).
- Personal Travel Insurance, visa etc.
- Camera fees (both still and video).
- International flight tickets.