DAY 01: DELHI – AGRA – DELHI
Our tour executive will pick you up from location of your choice in Gurgaon or Delhi, for the drive to Agra. And he will explain the travel plan in detail and hand over the essential documents to you such as your itinerary.
The journey would take approximately three & half hours; hence morning (6:30 am) start is recommended.
Arrive at Agra freshen up before you begin your tour.
Two great Mughal monarchs, Akbar and Shah Jahan, had transformed the little village of Agra into a befitting second capital of the Mughal Empire.
In Agra, you will be caught up in a world of contrasting edifices, of red sandstone and white marble, narrow galleys and quaint buggies, as well as the city’s irresistible charm.
Unsurprisingly, modern Agra has held onto its Mughal heritage so that the modern city is blended with old and beautiful monuments.
Begin your discovery of the historic city of Agra with a visit to the magnificent Taj Mahal, a pristine white marble mausoleum built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife – Mumtaz Mahal. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, it took 20,000 workers from neighboring Islamic countries, 22 years of ceaseless toil to create this exquisite white marble monument upon which people have waxed eloquent throughout the world.
Later on – visit to the red sandstone Agra Fort, built by the Mughal dynasty's greatest Emperor, Akbar, in 1565. A number of the fort’s beautiful palaces, mosques and gardens were built by his successors in later years.
A few of the priceless examples of artisanship from the Mughal era include the exquisite Moti Masjid or Pearl Mosque, the Diwan-i-Khas, the Diwan-i-Am, the Jahangir Mahal and the Shish Mahal.
After lunch – embark on your return journey to Gurgaon or Delhi.
Arrive at Gurgaon or Delhi and driver will drop you at location of your choice or Delhi airport to board your flight to onward destination.
Note: The Taj Mahal remains closed on Friday.
Our services end at Delhi.
- All transfers & sightseeing by personal a/c vehicle.
- One horse-carriage ride to the Taj Mahal from the nearest parking point.
- Services of an English speaking guide as per the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments as per the itinerary.
- Bottled mineral water for sightseeing/excursions and long drives.
- 24/7 on-tour assistance throughout the journey.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Any accommodation in Delhi & Agra.
- Any personal expenses such as tips, laundry and drinks.
- Any extra meals (other than those specifically laid down).
- Personal Travel Insurance, visa etc.
- Camera fees (both still and video).
- International flight tickets.